Seeking Pennington Ambassadors
We are seeking Ambassadors to help us train teachers in birds and bird feeding. Ambassadors will receive free feeders for all the teachers they train!
You can help your local teachers incorporate birds and bird feeding into their curriculum, while giving them valuable resources and providing new ways to get their students involved outdoors.
- Recruit 10 or more teachers. (Preference is given for workshops that reach a larger number of teachers from more than one school.)
- Present a PowerPoint show, lead an activity or two, and give the teachers resources we provide.
- Let us know who you trained and how it went (name and email address is required).
Your workshop can be part of a larger professional development day or a stand-alone event, it can last one hour or all day, and can incorporate your own creative ideas while focusing on the program objective: helping teachers take kids outside to learn science through birds and inquiry.
We will work with you to plan the event and provide a package of resources that will help you conduct a motivating and successful experience. Each teacher participating will receive:
- The first lesson of our “Feathered Friends” activities printed: http://www.birdsleuth.org/pennington/
- Student handout sheets (60/packet)
- Information for mini-grant opportunities
- Pennington window bird feeder
- BirdSleuth bookmark
- Cornell Lab of Ornithology Resources for Educators handout
We will also work with you directly to see if we can provide more tailed resources including handouts and PowerPoints.