Seeking Pennington Ambassadors
We are seeking Ambassadors to help us train teachers in birds and bird feeding. Ambassadors will receive free feeders for all the teachers they train!
You can help your local teachers incorporate birds and bird feeding into their curriculum, while giving them valuable resources and providing new ways to get their students involved outdoors.
We ask that you:
- Recruit 10 or more teachers. (Preference is given for workshops that reach a larger number of teachers from more than one school.)
- Present a PowerPoint show, lead an activity or two, and give the teachers resources we provide.
- Let us know who you trained and how it went.
Your workshop can be part of a larger professional development day or a stand-alone event, it can last one hour or all day, and can incorporate your own creative ideas while focusing on the program objective: helping teachers take kids outside to learn science through birds and inquiry.
We will work with you to plan the event and provide a package of resources that will help you conduct a motivating and successful experience. In addition to brochures, bookmarks, and other informative handouts, you will receive:
- A PowerPoint presentation that can be customized by you if desired
- Free lessons for participants (plus an 8 month curriculum available for a free download)
- FREE Pennington® bird feeders for all teachers