Most Wanted Birds
With this kit, students will:
- Learn science content, such as bird diversity and adaptations
- Identify local birds through interactive bird ID quizzes, posters, and hands-on activities
- Participate in the eBird citizen-science project and connect to real data, bringing STEM to life
Citizen Science for Students!
The Most Wanted Birds curriculum kit brings your local birds into focus. This kit was designed to get kids outside and connecting to their local environment by teaching students to identify birds, introducing amazing bird adaptations, and participating in the eBird citizen-science project. eBird provides an easy way to keep track of the birds you see, while contributing to one of the world’s largest citizen-science databases. Help scientists learn about the birds in your schoolyard while you view information on your bird observations, and observations tracked from around the world, any time you want!
The Most Wanted Birds lessons were designed and tested with teachers, so they are complete and easy-to-use. All you need are your kit resources, a computer or mobile device, and some bird ID field guides or mobile apps. Harness the power of citizen science and technology to spark your student’s curiosity. Your schoolyard birds are the perfect way to get students excited about the outdoors and contributing to science!
Your kit includes:
- Teachers Guide with step-by-step instructions for seven engaging lessons;
- Investigator’s Journal, a student journal with reflection questions;
- Reference Guide containing background reading for you and your students;
- Support DVD with quizzes, movies, and more;
- Full color prints that students will love and learn from;
- Common Feeder Birds Poster;
- Bird ID Cards – 38 full-color cards of common birds with beautiful images and life history facts