Educators, you’re invited to our free “Feeding our Feathered Friends” webinar!
The Cornell Lab’s own feeder garden is an exciting place for kids. As they watch, they wonder: What kinds of birds visit? What do they do there? Do bigger birds scare the smaller birds? Do certain birds like certain feeders or seeds?
–> REGISTER HERE <–
Feeding birds can spark kids’ curiosity, interest in the outdoors and engagement with science!
In this webinar, you’ll find out how you and the youth you work with can:
- Make your own feeders and create a bird garden
- Decide where and when to hang your feeders in order to attract a variety of birds
- Learn to identify birds and participate in our citizen science projects
- Exciting ways to encourage student curiosity and learning
- How you can access free and inexpensive resources that will help you teach science and math
The “Feeding our Feathered Friends” webinar complements the release of our new Feathered Friends resource, available for free download.
Thanks to our Pennington sponsorship, teachers who attend will also receive a free window feeder! Fill your new feeder with seed and suction it to your classroom’s window and you’ll attract birds (and students’ interest)! The feeder comes with an activity and coupons that will help you fill your feeder with Pennington bird seed.
Teachers, you will receive a free feeder upon attending the webinar. There is a small shipping charge. While everyone is welcome to attend the webinar, we can only send the free feeders to school and organization addresses!