BirdSleuth offers opportunities for in-person training and workshops as well as online webinars for educators looking for top notch professional development.
- This event has passed.
Dissect Owl Pellets at the Cornell Lab of Ornithology
February 21, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm$15
Bring your 8- to 12-year-old to the Cornell Lab of Ornithology during winter break to dissect Barn Owl pellets; learn about ecology, food webs, and trophic levels; and identify bones and reconstruct skeletons. This hands-on workshop is for homeschoolers and local school kids on vacation and will engage participants in the mystery and wonder of exploring owl pellets.
- This event is limited to 15 students per day, ages 8 to 12 only.
- All materials are provided: One large owl pellet per participant, dissection tools, and informative handouts.
- Parents/guardians are required to remain on the premises during this event and are included in both the intro and conclusion. Activities such as free behind-the-scenes tours of the Lab and bird-related movies will be available throughout the program’s three hour timeframe.
- FREE PARKING!
- This event will be videotaped and participants will be asked to sign a release form.
- Pre-registration is required at least 24 hours before the event. No walk-in registrations accepted.
- No refunds unless the event is cancelled due to insufficient registrations or events beyond the control of the Lab.
- In the event of inclement weather, we will contact all registrants.
Click here to choose your day and pay $15 registration online.