Citizen science projects connect student to the environment through hands on activities. Students are transformed into scientists as they make observations, establish hypothesis and collect information about the world around them all while meeting Next Generation Science Standards ! Click on the article below to learn more about citizen science projects for your classroom.
- Citizen Science for Educators: Explore the meaning of citizen science and what educator resources are available.
- Citizen Science in Your Outdoor Classroom: Teach science by engaging with local wildlife in real-world studies.
- Skills to Last a Lifetime: Citizen science build skills that build a lifelong love of science and observation.
- NGSS & Citizen Science: You can meet NGSS standards through citizen science.
- Make a Local eBird Checklist: Discover how to use the eBird database to create a local checklist.
- Using eBird with Students: Understand the basics of how to use eBird with your class or youth.
- Starting a Bird Club?: Want to start a bird club at your school? Use these helpful tips and tricks!