Bird Identification can seem overwhelming to a young enthusiast, but there are many resources to help classrooms develop their bird knowledge. The links below provide educators with a variety of tools, including lessons that bring the outdoors into the classroom and take the classroom outdoors. Bird identification apps will enhance investigation and observation skills all while meeting Next Generation Science Standards! Click on the links for more information on bird identification.
- Teaching Bird ID: Planning to go birding with your students? Check out these tips for identifying what you see!
- Which Field Guide?: Too many field guid choice? Don’t worry. Just follow these guidelines to find the right guide for you and the youth you work with.
- Top 10 Apps for Birding with Kids:Put the best tools for birding right in your pocket for the next time you head outside with kids!
- Binoculars for Birding: Learn how to obtain, use, and store a fundamental tool of bird watching: binoculars.
- Bird Academy-Sound Lessons: Check out the activities in this companion for educators wishing to use the Bird Academy’s All About Bird Song module.
- Starting a Bird Club?: Want to start a bird club at your school? Use these helpful tips and tricks!